HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!
Share | 

Battling: Defense too hard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FalchionSensei

PostSubject: Battling: Defense too hard?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 am

I rarely get a successful defense nowadays. I imagine the successes are against the mid-level people who are unaware of Stray Cat, Pegasus, or some other fast unit and don't have good crowd control set up.

My defense isn't terrible exactly. I have a Chimera, two Dorothy, all the treasure monsters and a few other tough ones. None of them are above level 17 but all my monsters get 9% extra hp from my lvl 46 Bestial Roar. I guess if I focused on maxing some of my 4-star monsters things might be different? It just seems like defense units roll out too slowly, allowing them all to be focus fired down in a heartbeat.

Have any of you high-lvl players come across a tough-to-beat defense? It just seems like once you get a good 4 or 5 star unit and some great allies with equally beefy units there isn't a defense that can stand up to you.

*EDIT* As it stands I've taken to hiding my money in trades until I can figure out a stronger defense. No sense in losing it to people who try to farm you and call on their allies to attack you just because you attacked them back lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hhsong273

PostSubject: Re: Battling: Defense too hard?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:40 pm

There's a guy named xthehandx. His defense is truly truly truly outrageous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Battling: Defense too hard?   Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:33 pm

hhsong273 wrote:
There's a guy named xthehandx. His defense is truly truly truly outrageous.
Speaking of him, he attacked me what seemed like a good 5 or 6 times. I was new. Like level 20/30 new. Come on guy.

I feel like there's a definite curve. At first no one has any real monsters and you beat them all, then you come up against people with a pegasus/unicorn and that kind of thing, and maybe you don't have strong cards/allies yet and sometimes one of those gets through. Or maybe they have a stray cat and you're not ready for that and whoops, that one ran past as well.

Then you get strong allies but not strong enough monsters etc, and you do indeed have a hard time defending. I've stopped attacking most people just because if anyone retaliates that's an easy win for them. Tying up your luna can be a very good idea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Superman-1234 [Banned]

PostSubject: Re: Battling: Defense too hard?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 am

It's all a matter of money and 5*
You have to max out 5*monsters to get any sort of headway. The hard part about it is unless you've traded away 15 5*&6* for 5*&6* monsters, you will nevefr be able to survive an attack from someone like me who's ally list is full of 6*.
Even Xhand I get 97-98% on his defense every time, which is with 2 maxed Vlads, 2Maxed Petra, Abel, Ana and Maxed Victoria.

You honestly need to consider if its worth spending the 100s of million of luna on feeders to max out and set up a good defense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hhsong273

PostSubject: Re: Battling: Defense too hard?   Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 am

Nice you actually get 98% on his defense? @@ Highest I got was like 80% lol
And yeah, looking at the attack numbers on the 5* and 6*, the money that must go into the defense is crazy. Kinda wish defending gave a tiny winy bit of exp to the monsters Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shokkeru
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Battling: Defense too hard?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Is there really a point to attacking other players besides stealing artifacts? Is the 10k luna or less per hour really worth it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Battling: Defense too hard?   Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Shokkeru wrote:
Is there really a point to attacking other players besides stealing artifacts? Is the 10k luna or less per hour really worth it?
There's a new (or is it?) skill that requires you to have fought 300 battles, so there's that.

If you're not going for that, then aside from luna or new artifacts, battling people actually draws more attention so you. So you may not want to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Battling: Defense too hard?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1